Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training

Potty Training Challenge - Starting From Scratch group

12345679»

Replies

• I've had a mare with Jc!!!!image suprise suprise!!! 8 days of no accidents,always making it on time,everything going bit too well.........knew it wasn't that easy!!!! He started wee'ing on floor 2 days ago,he knew he was doing wrong aswell-devil! Then poo'd his pants last nightimage so have gone back to square 1 today constantly asking him,etc......he wet his pants early on,he was engrossed in a film at friends house! But I have to say since then we are steadily getting back on track,had no more accidents and a poo on potty! Hurrah,hope it lasts!

Hope evryone else doing well x

• Hi,

I am after some advice.  My daughter is nearly 23 months and for a while has been showing all the signs, tells me when she wee's or poos in her nappy, hates being changed, wants to wear pants (she gets mine out the drawer and puts them on!) etc so last sunday we started training.  Went straight into pants on the advice of all mums I know and my childminder. 

Sunday we had lots of accidents but by the end of the day a couple of wees on the way to the potty, finishing on the potty.  monday was a complete disaster and she refused to have anything to do with the potty, Tuesday she was fab and only had 2 accidents all day, everything else i the potty.  Yay, I though, the penny has dropped.  Weds am was good but now it has all gone downhill and I am starting to despair, really need some advice.

She won't just 'sit' on the potty if she isn't doing a wee so the putting her on it every 20 mins thing does not work.  she screams and shouts and bribery doesn't work!  Tried books, toys etc bit no go. She was starting to hold herself and dance a bit if she needed to go but that has stopped now and all day today she has just weed on the floor again and again and has even stopped telling me.  HELP.

I don't want to go back now I've started (and she poos on the potty fine, tells me she needs to go and  does it no probs.)