Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Putting P/T Products to the test - Reusable training pants

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/P280610_17.23.jpg

Hello ladies,

I've got 4 packs of these lovely reusable training pants for you to test.

There are 2 packs of "Cool Fit" made with fast-drying microfibre and 2 of "Cosy Fit" which are made of lovely soft velour to keep botties comfy.

They pull up and down easliy and are marketed as a stop-gap between nappies and pants. 

I have them for sizes 18-24 months and 2-1/2 years so let me know which kind you want and how old your little trainee is!

Replies

• Options

Hiya.

My daughter is 18 months old. I've been searching for some of these pants everywhere!!!

xxx

• Options
    Oooh am I the first post? I have a little girl who is 2.5yrs (but skinny; 25lbs! so if they are generous sizes she would probably be in 18-24)
  • Options
    almost the first post then image
  • Options
    Would love to try the 18-24 months on my little girl who is 20months image
  • Options
    Would love to try the bigger size on my little boy
  • Options

Oh, forgot to say, I would like to try the "Cool Fit" if there are any left please in 18-24 months.

Thanks. xxx

• Options

just goes to show didn't read it properly.]

lets try again.

My little boy is 21 months old and i'm starting to think about the potty training business. But would like the bigger size and don't mind on the cool fit or cozy fit (although if had to choose would be cool fit i suppose)

... think that covers it image

• Options

Hi

Would love to try taking the plunge size 2 - 2.5 would be great.

Thanks

• Options
    Hi. My little girl is 2 but very skinny so could I please have a pack for 18-24 months. Either sort would be fine although I would prefer the cool fit. I prefer washables but she's been in pull-ups for 1 1/2 years as she just won't lie down for changes, and I've not got any washable pull-ups.
  • Options

Also forgot to say my daughter is 2 years 3 months

Thanks

• Options

Would love to try the largest size on my daughter who we managed to get on the potty for the first time last night after a long process of screaming at it. I also blog so I could review the pants for my blog (www.barenakedmummy.blogspot.com)

Thanks 

BNM

• Options

Hi would it be possible to get the larger size for my ittle boy as desperate to try anythinh which may help .

• Options
    Hi my little girl has just turned two (at the weekend) and I'd love to give these a go when potty training her.  Thanks!
  • Options
    Sorry i'll try again, would like cosy fit for 2-2 1/2 years, my little boy is 2 and desperate to get him out of nappys as got a 8 week old girl and save some money.
  • Options
    Tyler is 2! And I'm not fussy about style. Xx
  • Options

Thanks for all the interest - our testers have now been chosen and emailed so if you haven't heard from me I'm afraid you've not been lucky this time.

But there's always more bits and bobs so keep your eyes peeled!

• Options
    Do we put reviews here? I was lucky enough to get a pack of 2 pairs of Cosy Fit (thanks MFM!)

First impressions: Wow! I already have a pair of Boots training pants and a few Bright Bots. Boots and Bright Bots are very similar - the Brights being more colorful, slight softer and slightly lower rise but otherwise very similar. But these Cosy Fits are TOTALLY different - they do have some sort of waterproof layer but don't have an obvious plastic layer that rustles in the way that the Boots and Brights do. They are also thicker and softer - and the inside is lovely, like Minky (cloth nappy addicts will know what Minky is!).

As they haven't been peed in yet I can't do a full review. I must admit the extra thickness made me worry a little that Annie would confuse them with a nappy, but she is pretty clued up about potty training now so I don't think it will be an issue. Not sure I could have taken her out of cloth and put her straight into these though!

They are slower drying that Boots or Bright Bots training pants - after all they are a bit thicker.

Sizing: I went with 18-24 (Medium) since my little girl is wearing that size pants and trousers (she is 2.5yrs but so petite that 2-3 pants falls down!). However they only just fit and I would probably have been better with the size up. To compare to her other training pants, she is in Medium in both Boots and Brights.

General use of training pants: Personally, I put my dd into training pants only when in "high risk" situations - for instance lengthy shops, people's houses, and bouncy castles! I have found that the Boots and Brights don't necessarily hold a full wee but catch enough of it that you avoid embarrassment, and dd has always been well aware of being wet (and mortified) so I have never felt it interfered with potty training.

I shall update my review if/when these pants get peed in!

Gemma.
  • Options

Hi, I was lucky enough to be chosen to try out the pants!

I tested the Cool Fit in Medium and my daughter is 18 months and around 22lb. The pants fit her really well! They look and feel more like a pair of knickers which I really liked about them.

When my dd had an accident in them they had held the wee in until I got her to the toilet but they still felt wet to touch so she knew she had had a wee in them. I rinsed them and hung them out to dry and they didn't take all day which I was surprised at as I thought they'd take longer as they are quite thick. You would need a few pairs in case of lots of accidents though. 

I have some other pants which are like a thin layer of terry towelling attached inside a plastic pant layer. These were ok but I think they were too much like terry nappies so my dd still thought of them as a nappy whereas she seemed to do better with the Cool Fit pants.

I've been poorly for a week so potty training went on hold for a bit but I will definitely be using the pants from tomorrow!

I would recommend these pants. The designs are so cute, they feel great, aren't bulky, are easy to pull up and down and look just like a pair of knickers!

Thank you for choosing us to test them!

Charlie.

• Options

Hello - i dont know if i'm too late, but i would love to try these on my little boy who has just gone 2.5 and weighs 15kg, i've been trying to find something just like these and would love to try them, i would probably need the larg or Xlarg i think for him, he's very tall if that makes any difference.

Here's hoping.

Michelle 

• Options

On Gemmas comments regarding Bright Bots Washable Trainer Pants. The new version coming out in 2012 will have a PUL liner so no more 'rustles' when on!