Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Potty training going backwards, help!!

Hi all, I potty trained my 2 1/2 yr old daughter about 6 weeks ago. All was going fine until about 10 days ago when we have started to have little accidents, not a full on wee but enough to go thru to trousers! I've noticed she's stopped asking for the toilet and seems to be holding it until I take her to go. Has anyone else had this problem? It all seemed to start to go a bit wrong when we went away a week or so ago, maybe she has just got of routine?? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• Options

Hi,Emma.

Lots of newly trained little ones have those little didn't quite make it in time accidents.Doesn't mean it's all going backwards,even though it does seem like it at the time.Maybe watch for signs and remind her.Introduce a reward for being dry,or at least  be excited that she made it this time.If you think she needs to go ,take her.If she's in time,be pleased with her,even if she didn't initiate it herself,so you're more likely to have something to praise than an accident .Better to learn from a positive experience

A change in routine can be unsettling,so maybe just help her get there in time if that's what she needs right now.We still have occasional accidents usually if my daughter's tired or out of sorts.Hopefully it's just a little reminder or two that's needed.

• Options

Hi ladies,I'm having silmilar prob,Jc has been excellent for 8 days wee's and poo's on potty,then last 2 days has we'd on floor,and poo'd in his underpantsimage

I realise accidents happen,but he seems determined to poo wherever now,was trying on the floor the other night until I clicked what he was up to,he then had hysterics because I asked him to sit on potty!! Feels like it's been a fluke first week????

Any tips on going back to start,as I've tried the constant reminders and not wearing bottoms for a day,any advice greatfully receievd,Thanks!

• Options
    Hi Andrea,thanks for advice,had decided that maybe a change and a more relaxed approach was needed,so started ignoring the accidents,and hey presto he's back to asking and going himself un-prompted! Very pleased with him,of course real test next week,Eldest goes to nursery so we're heading back to mother and baby group,he hasn't been since being potty trained........fingers crossed! Thanks for your advice ximage