Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training

To Start Or Not To Start, That Is The Question...!

Hi there, our gorgeous little boy is 2 in July.

We bought him a potty and it has been with his toys, he takes it out and sits on it or carries it around and says Potty etc..

We have started to try and explain to him about the potty, he has been sitting on it with his nappy on (and a CBeebies magazine!!),and seems quite happy.

For a while now, when he needs (esp a poo) he will shout Toilet! and runs and hides in a corner or behind his playpen, and comes out and tells you which he has done.

Would you suggest trying the potty out soon?  He is very bright and is quite advanced for his age in all areas, well so we have been told anyway, so we thought we might try it...

Do you use pull ups once you are potty training, and can anyone suggest a fun book for both us and him to read, to learn about the potty?

Thanks in advance

Replies

• wow!!! the boy is really so sweet...yes,you would trying the potty out soon.... what i would suggest is to try to make games, read lots of stories, ,,,i dowloaded a great app called potty training learning with the animals....my son loved it and help him a lot!

• Aww thankyou for replying, I didn't know I had a reply so thanks very much for the advice image
  • I wouldn't bother with pullup training pants personally myself.. as they tend to confuse little ones who may think its fine to do their duties in them like they would do in a nappy.. just normal pants, underpants etc.. yes expect to have accidents sometimes but thats the whole part of learning for yourself and your toddler.  Im learning my 2 year old myself for potty training been a long time since I did it with his three older brothers 20 years ago lol but I still remember it like it was yesterday. image x

• Message deleted by MadeForMums. Here's a link to our Chat Guidelines.

• When u see him doing that u run an get him an take him to the potty