Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Please help

Hi,

I am really struggling with potty training my son. He will be 3 in August and we have tried several times this year to get him potty trained before the new baby arrives in September.

He still doesnt ask to go, but is usually happy to go if we remind him (most of the time). We had a week away a couple of weeks ago and he did brilliantly - sometimes even saying he needed to wee, but since we have come back, things have not been so great. He goes to nursery 4 days a week and is having 2 accidents (poo) a day in his pants. At home he is usually pretty good, and we dont have many accidents. I have tried sticker charts and treats, but he wasnt too interested in either of those. He did get a book after our week away for doing so well.

I am unsure if I should go back to pull ups for a while - we have another week off beginning of August and try to crack it then or wait till after the baby is here?

Thank you x