Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Should I just do it??!

Morning ladies!

my son has just turned 2 and has been using his potty in a morning for a few months, I feel he's ready to potty train fully and go out with out a nappy, only problem is we go away on the weekend and I can't be carrying a potty out and about every where we go, he has spent 3 1/2 days in just undies with just 2 accidents, how do we go out while potty training if he won't use a pubic big boy toilet??? Help

should I wait or grab the bull by the horns? Putting nappys on when we go out must be confusing??

Replies

• Have you tried pull ups?? 

They make a good transition firm nappies to big boy pants...also help absorb accidents!

We used them when we were in var for along time or out for the day until my daughter could ask for the loo and get there with confidence as accidents seemed to devastate her and knock her confidence.

the pull ups could be explained as  special pants for busy days out - but still for him to ask for the loo?

• Been and got some pull ups today for when we are out and about, didnt really want to use them as I think he will use them like a nappy but I don't want his having a accident in the middle of the play gym or at the beach haha

• My sons used them more than the girls but as they are a step in and pull up like pants they didn't alreact like they were in a nappy, also if they do have an accident the pull ups get uncomfortable ( as my little ones used to say icky pants !) So they do realise they are wet but without the embarrassment of the puddles!

I think they are a handy for tool in moms box - especially on days out although pit stops to " check just in case" are a good idea too x