Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

boys

i am trying to get my little boy out of nappys ready for big school in september he gose nursery at the min but i put big boys pants on and he always as accidents but when he is at home he dose not have any accidents he is good and gose when he wants to but when he is at nursery they can only go when the teachers till then and not on they own he sits on the toilet at nursery but dont do anything and when he wants a poo he asks for a nappy on please help thanks ellie x

Replies

• Options

Hi Ellie,

I have just started potty training my almost three-year-old boy as he is going to pre-school in Sept and has to be toilet trained before then. The first few days he only did poos in his nappy when I put them on for sleeps but now he will do a poo in the potty at home as well.

The problem is he hasn't done a poo at nursery yet, and actually the first few days back at nursery after I started the potty, he refused to go anywhere near it and cried every time, even though he was going at home.

We have now tried taking his own potty to the nursery, and his favourite book so that he can read it while he is there - hope this encourages him to go at nursery. 

I have tried reading a few different books eg Parenting for Dummies has a good section on potty training, plus Gina Ford's book Potty Training in a Week has lots of stories from other mums (though it wasn't successful in a week for us!!). I think there are lots of books on toilet training boys out there too, but we are just plodding along with what we're doing.

There's an article on here too: http://www.madeformums.com/potty-training/potty-training-boys/9711.html

Sorry for the essay, and let me know how you get on!

Magda

• Options

hi Magda Ibrahim 

i have started to take him in pants at nursery with lots of spare clothes the 3 or 4 days he as been going to the toilet at nursery so i am hoping that is the start and he keeps going with it he as not yet had a poo on the toilet yet he is still asking for his nappy he as done a poo on his potty because i was on the toilet but i have not got his potty any more because he is sitting on the toilet now so i am hoping that he will get they soon my son still gose bed in his nappys but he went bed last night and because he takes pop bed and his nappy was wet he come into and said that he was wet so i had to change him and thanks a lot for getting back to me i will let you know how i get on same with you 

thanks ellie