Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

which potty?

I'm asking way in advance as Charlotte not ready for potty training...but....I am thinking of getting one to keep in her room for a while so she can get used to seeing it and hopefully when she's walking I can show her to sit on it. Does anyone think this is a good idea?

I have seen this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Price-Precious-Planet-Froggy-Friend/dp/B001NJ0BI8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby&qid=1244661323&sr=8-1

Has anyone got this and is it any good?

Thanks xx

Replies

• Hiya i bought an ace potty fro lEwis when he was about 9 month, put a post on here saying i was about to start potty training and everbody basically said i was mad lol i bought him the musical throne he loved it. Lewis is now 2 and has been toilet trained and dry since he was about 18 month i think cant remember, its been awhile! persistance pays off - we still have the odd accident but its to be expected as he is always on the go and he forgets to ask!
  • I'm with you Mrs T!! I don't intend on buying a potty at all. Poppy asks to sit on the toilet at least twice a day but as yet hasn't done anything on it. I'm don't believe she knows when she needs yet - she sometimes tells me she's done a poo but only after the event. I'm going to follow Poppys lead on this and wait for her to tell us as trying to do it too soon only means more accidents and stress in the long run.
    xx
  • That's a groovy potty ccbmommy...I'm too tight to fork out that much though! lol!
    I bought Boots cheapy potty for 2 quid but I have boys and it is rubbish as too low at the front and my lad wee'd over the front so I then bought a tommee tippee one off Amazon - just basic potty again but a higher front...he has used it from 9 months with no probs. He is coming up to 2yrs now & can tell us when he wants the toilet for a poo!
    I always thought the musical one was fab if I had the money to spend on it...I like your choice though as it's not too gimicky.
    xxx