Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

boys and being dry at night?

what age do boys achieve being dry in the night? J is 4 and can do it as long as I wake him up around midnight to use the loo. Thing is he is shattered from being woken. He goes to morning nursery and I dont want him going tired. He has alway slept through since he was 8 wks so getting woken up every night is having a big impact on him. Should I leave off till he is older?

Thanx

Elaine & Boys xx

Replies

• Hey hun g/c from due in june lol

My son is 2 1/2 and is dry through the night he has been since he was 2, the pot is next to his bed so if he needs to go he just gets up and goes on that, he is so short he cant get on the toilet upstairs lol. I dont know what to suggest for ur little man, this it the only boy I have and being number 3 he wanted to be the same as the girls so hated wearing nappies when he knew they didnt if that makes sense.
    Do you wake your boy by talking to him etc, whenever we have woke them at night we just lift them out of bed and put them on the pot they all automatically weed and we stuck them straight back in bed so they were never fully awake if that makes sense.
    I know I havent helped in anyway, just thought id share what we do with you.
    Hope you are ok x
  • All boys will be different, my son was quite early and was dry day at night at abou 21 months, which was ideal for me as i had my daughter a few months later, but i think in general, they say boys will usually be dry at night by about 5. So he's still on track.
    sorry ive no advice x