Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training

weak bladder or just plain lazy!!??

Well we are on day 3 of potty training and I really don't know whether Shea is ready even at 27months!!!
He's been doing my head in!! He will sit on his potty and wee and he knows exactly what its for but he just seems lazy!!

Day 1 wasn't too bad but its just got worse since then,,, I've been through over 20pairs of pants in 2 days as he'll just stand there and wee in his pants, even stood right beside the potty!!
Last night he peed in 8 pairs in under an hour!! so it got me thinking could he have a weak bladder to pee so much in under an hour when he hadn't drank that much!!

I don't know whether to leave it for abit and try again in few months or persevere and hope he gets it!!

Any advice ladies???

xxxx

Replies

• not sure what to say, does he know when he is wet? does he tell you he is wet etc? not sure if its a weak bladder or not, sometimes los leak a bit when theya re cold and boys are known for this, maybe this is it? sorry im no help. xxx
  • Hi Claire A Belle,
    I have just put a similar post n here today. My daughter is 4 and I've been toilet training for a year now. She has her very good days but mostly wet days at the moment. She started nursery in Sept and comes home nearly every day wet I do worry what she will be like this Sept when she goes full time.
    My husband says she is lazy, she is also going through a little devil stage with behavior as well so that adds to my stress.
    It does help knowing we are not alone with this and it is such a common problem. My eldest was dry so quick so this is very different. I hope my son will be good when I get round to training him.
    Good luck and if you fancy a proper chat I am on leilaharris73@hotmail.co.uk

xxx