Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training

WHERE CAN I BUY . .

a mattress protector sheet?

I need to start night time training with my 3 year old as we've been putting it off for long enough now. First we had DS3 on the way and didn't want to upset DS1's routine as we didn't think it would make the night time training successful, then it was winter and not an ideal time for getting wet bedding dry, and then DS3 arrived and we all had to try to get into a new routine with him!

I've finally got to a point where I feel everything is pretty much in order and now is a good time to start. He's excited about wearing underpants for bed and the weather means I can get bedding dry much easier.

I would like to buy a protector sheet just so we don't ruin his mattress in the process as it was quite expensive and I'd rather pay for a protector sheet than a new mattress!!

Any ideas where I can get one?

Thanks

Replies

• Hi,

I'm not quite at the stage of trying for dry nights but have bought a waterproof matress protector ready for when we need it. My dd is dry most nights but some nights we still get a very heavy wet nappy. My hv told me to wait until we have 3 weeks of dry nights before taking the nappy away so I'm going to wait a while as I don't want to knock her confidence yet.

I bought it from a shop on Ebay, it's a Silentnight one. It's waterproof but made of a soft material so it's not crunchy underneath her. It can also be put in the washing machine which I thought was good for a waterproof protector. I think it worked out just less than ??10 delivered.
  • Thanks for the reply Donk, I will have a look on ebay.
  • i got mine from TESCO.....i cant remember how much it was but it was cheap image x
  • Im sure mothercare and argos sell them x
  • Hi

My lovely MIL has bought me one after she saw one when she was out and about over the weekend. It was ??3 from Wilkinson's, a bargain! It's a single bed one and my son has a toddler bed with a cotbed size mattress but I am hoping I can just tuck the excess under his mattress! I have had a quick look on Mothercare and they seem sooo expensive, I'm sure they are much better quality than the one from Wilkinson's though!

Thanks for all of your help ladies x x
  • we got one from mothercare although i think it was about ??20
  • I think I got mine in IKEA. It is for a double bed as my daughter sleeps in a double bed. She isn't potty trained yet although she is 22 months and soon will be. I have the protector sheet on already in case of nappy leaks lol. I think it was quite cheap as well in IKEA.