Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Problems with 4 year old having constant accidents

Hi there,

I have a set of triplets, 2 boys and a girl. All are 4 years old. The girl was potty trained first and did really well but in recent months has stopped going to the toilet and has constant accidents. She also drinks a lot of fluids and has to go frequently. The boys are both dry, day and night and have no accidents at all.

I am getting a little worried as they start school in Sept and I am at the end of my tether with this.

She always does her poo in the toilet.

In every other sense she is a model child and does know what she is doing. Pls help.

Nina

Replies

• i have the same problem....
    i have twins age2, and a daughter age 4.
    she is in pre school - but starts full time school in september.

she has up to 5 wetting accidents a day - and its a nightmare.
    got so bad this week that she has nappy rash oon her bikini line - where she has kept wet pants on at pre school all morning....

my girl has been doing this since xmas eve - when she dislocated her elbow.. I am not sure why this would cause wetting for 6 months though!

i have tried reward charts and all sorts of things that have not worked.
    what have you tried? also has your health visitor got any good tips? mine has tried to help - but her suggestions of rewrd charts and positive attitudes have not really helped me....

has your daughter been previously dry - and what age did you potty train her - cause my girl was dry and trained at age 2. HV now says that was too early to train - and could be why she has "given up". i am now nervous about training my 2 year olds....
  • My daughter is now 4 1/2 and still has accidents most days. She is at nursery every morning and the teachers have to remind her to go to the toilet and are very good at doing this. I also send her in with a bag of change of clothes just in case. She starts full time school in September and I can't see any improvement yet. I'm not worried though, I'm sure she will get there. She drinks lots and is dry all night and does no.2's at the toilet so that's good. I just hope when she starts full time in September the teachers are as understanding as the nursery teachers were.

I've got a 2 year old son and probably wont consider try to potty train him until at least 2 1/2.

Good luck because it is stressful isn't it.

xxx