Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How to carry on the good work.

My little one has just been for a poo and a wee on her potty without being asked twice, i'm just wondering how i can encourage her to keep it up and what i need to do during her morning nap? she's 25months by the way.

thank you julie.

Replies

• with Rhys we just gave him lots of praise and he got a sticker everytime he went for his sticker chart. Once we were getting regular we started to give him a sticker at the end of the day if he'd used his potty all day and now if we have a full week of no accidents he gets a small treat. (we buy packs of 5 toy cars for about ??2 and he gets 1 car each time.)
    Initially I put him in a pull up for his nap, but once he was going a good few hours between needing to go I stopped putting one on for his nap.
    He was doing really well up untill going away and we ended back at the start with him so we went back to basics of the sticker charts etc and he's doing really well and hasn't had any accidents for over 2 weeks now which we're really pleased about.