Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help he roams half naked in the house!

Hi All

DS (23months old) just wants to take his pants and nappies off and roam about half naked in the house holding his Willie and weeing every where but not in his potty... I can't get him to wear his nappies or pants back on as he takes them off again... how do I train him or are there some hints I am missing upon?

Last week we were blessed with our daughter and ever since he is becoming a real monkey in the house... am already struggling with both the toddler and baby.. and now having our carpet, sofa, bed being done wet on purpose by a lil monkey is just too much to handle imageimage pls help

xxx
Bubbly

Replies

• hi hun, not sure i can help but do you think it could be his way of getting a little attention since his sister has come along? i've heard and read sometimes that toddlers can regress or play up when a big change happens?

The only thing i can suggest which may be stating the obvious, is completely ignoring the bad behaviour, ie, weeing on carpets, and over the top praise him if he wees in the right place ie nappies/potty. Perhaps if there a day or a time of day when you and him can have an hour or so mummy and son time, you can give him lots of attention/kisses cuddles and at the same time tell him what a good big boy he is, and that it'd make mummy very happy if he'd wear his nappy. perhaps have some sort of reward in place or a star chart? hope its just a short phase though hun x