Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Nightime Nappies

Hi

Could anyone please give me a clue as to when I should take my little girls nappies off at night? We have been accident free during the day for 11 days now (started training 13th Feb) but dry at night for over 2 weeks. She is 29 months and I can't help but think it shouldn't be that easy?! I've been putting knickers on under her nappies at night and they're still dry in the morning - she's also getting upset at having to have the nappy put on.
I don't want to rush her but then again I don't want to delay her if she's ready!

Anyone got any advice please??!!

Thanks
xx

Replies

• Options
    I don't think it 'should' be that easy, but sometime it is! Millie potty trained at about the same age, she was dry at night after the first day so after about 10 days we stopped putting her in nappies at night and she has never, ever had an accident at night. If she's getting upset about wearing a nappy and waking up dry I'd say she's ready to go nappyless at night too.
    xx
  • Options
    Thanks for replying - it's such a quiet forum I wasn't sure anyone would stop by!
    She's done so well, she's had an upset tummy (really runny poo!) for 24 hours now and still no accidents - I'm very proud indeed.
    I think I'll give her another couple of days then I'll take the nighttime nappy off and see how we get on!
    I'm encouraged by you saying that Millie was the same age and that she had no nighttime accidents, seems like there are definate advantages to waiting till they're ready to try and train them!
    xx