Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

He only wets with pants on.

Hello I've been trying to potty train my son Jack he's 2 years 2 months old. It's been going great I bought a family toilet seat which he loves has his foot stool to climb up and can manage it all himself. Jack tells me when he needs to go even with a nappy on but as soon as he's wearing pants that's it game over he just forgets everything and in 5 hours wet 8 times because he had pants on soon as I gave up that day and left them off he was back on the toilet everytime.

Little accidents are very rare while he's half naked (mostly if he gets tired in the evening). I don't know what to do he's just started nursery and also visits his dad so 3 days a week he's In Nappies (dad won't have him without nappy which is another issue).

Should I just go the stretch and say no more nappies should this happen whilst at nursery? Do I persist with clothes and just change him if he wets? Or do I wait cos he's still young.

I don't know what to do for the best he's so close to getting it and I don't want to stop trying to find he gets lazy or we have to start again from square one.

Thank you xx

P.s. anyone know of any good car seat or buggy protectors for use during training?