Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Just started potty training Ollie- 28 months

Hi ladies,

My son is 28 months and is doing really well. When we are at home he wears underpants and tells us when he needs a wee/poo and just goes and sits on his potty. However, when we go out he doesn't tell me when he needs to go, then he will have an accident even after me asking him if he wants to sit on his potty.

Do you ladies take your potty out with you?? xxx

Replies

• Can i just say HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!
    You wont remember me cause ive changed my username 3-4 times from i was on the same time as you, i was Gazno when we were pregnant, i remember you having your lo, cant believe he is 28 months already!!!!

Anyway, sorry to go off topic there.... I only started Ellie potty training 4 days ago and she has never had an accident but i have been putting on a nappy when we have been going to shops for longer than an hour etc, i cant take my potty with me as its a big chair type one, not sure how to stop him having an accident other than taking him to the loo when you arrive and every 30-60 minutes after that and he might do something when on the loo, sorry im not much help. x
  • Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I do remember your screen name Gazno!!! How's you? Whn is your next due??

Thanks for the advice, he did really well in his big boy pants today image xxx
  • Glad he has been doing well!
    Im due on the 25th March so only 11 weeks left, seems like ages away but at the same time im not rushing it cause this is my last! 2 pregnancys for me is more than enough! LOL
    How are you keeping? any notion of another baby? xxxx
  • Wow, not long to go now for you!!

I'm also pregnant, due 29th July, so so excited! I had a miscarriage last year and would have been due March too. Bizarre! Do you know what you are having? x
  • Congrats on your pregnancy!!!!!!
    We really wanted to know but couldnt find out at the 17 week scan [was supposed to be 12 week!!!] and couldnt find out at the 20 week scan and decided to leave it then cause were we live [in Northern Ireland] there is only 1 place that offers private scans and they cost upwards of ??200!
    I bet your very excited being pregnant again, how many weeks does that leave you now?
    Not many of the old faces about on here now, think most have flited over to facebook but i still like to pop on here too. x