Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Smearing poo

Hi my lo was two in march and has been potty trained for ages now. During the day. She wears a nappy at nap time but most times it is dry and at night. With it being so warm we have left sleeping bag off. She has started doing her poos in her cot and taking nappy off and putting poo everywhere. It's not pleasant and she doesn't seem to understand that it's wrong. We tell her and put her on naughty spot now as she is aware of it not being good to smear around. Not punishing her for doing it just for playing with it. Don't know what to do x

Replies

• i'm not happy you're going through this but happy to see this post if you know what i mean as my son is doing the same and its driving me insane thinking what to do. Hes three in October and has been dry for about four months, in the past week he has pooed twice in his nappy at nighttime and we have woken up to absolute carnage in his bedroom. it was on the carpet, on the spare bed duvet, up the cupboard door all up his arms and up his legs. not sure why there was so much poo! we've tried to explain to him its dangerous rather than naughty as he takes it more seriously. we explained that its dangerous as if he gets it in his eyes or mouth it will make him poorly. he seems to be taking it in but then today he smeared it across the toilet wall after doing one on the potty. it really worries me x