Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training

POTTY TRAINING!!!!

HELP!! I BEGAN POTTY TRAINING MY 2 YEAR OLD BOY 2 MONTHS AGO, PEE PEE WAS NO PROBLEM BUT POO IS A DISASTER. WE GOT POO IN THE POT ONCE - SHEER LUCK I THINK. HE DOESN'T SEEM TO KNOW HE HAS TO GO. HE COMES AND TELLS ME AFTER HE'S DONE IT IN HIS PANTS. I GOT FED UP AND PUT THE TRAINING PANTS BACK ON - MOST OF THE TIME HE STAYED DRY BUT TODAY I DECIDED TO PUT NORMAL PANTS BACK ON AND HE HAS WET HIMSELF 4 TIMES WITHOUT NOTICING!!!! SHOULD I GIVE UP OR KEEP TRYING? HE'LL BE 3 IN OCTOBER SO I THINK HE'S OLD ENOUGH. PLEASE HELP AS EVERYWHERE I TURN I SEE POO AND PEE PEE.

THANKS IN ADVANCE XX

Replies

• My little girl will be 3 in October too and only this week have we got this potty training malarkey cracked. She had suffered from dreadful recurring nappy rash due to a virus in her system for the best part of a year and due to that she flatly refused to poo on the potty. She's as bright as a button and knew when she needed to go but would wait until she had her nappy on for bedtime and go then. She would wee next to the potty and not in it and was so stressed by it all that we stopped for a month then tried again, no luck that time so we tried again last week. I don't know why but it suddenly clicked, I think she was just ready herself and within 2 day she had cracked it. She's really pleased with herself and obviously we are over the moon. I really think that when they are ready things will fall into place. Don't worry about his age, he's not late by any means. If you have to stop and wait a little while then do it, it took the pressure of my little girl for a while and then it all fell into place. If he really resents using the potty then the more you push it the less he will try. I hope all goes well, it's a horrible time isn't it!!! xx