Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Could she have a problem

LO is just 4. Shes been out of nappies during the day for nearly a year, but we dont seem to have progressed far. Some days we can go through loads of pairs of knickers. Now we have started to let her run round with nothing on her bottom half when at home and that has helped in her asking to go to the loo. She knows when she has gone and is about to go, as if we go out we put a pull up on her and she will say, have i got knickers on, so we know she wants to go, but she just wont. And when shes wet she will tell us. At Nursery yesterday she had 2 accidents. At times when she is dancing about, we know she wants a wee, but she just wont go when we ask her, then 2 mins later she is telling us she is wet. Just wondering if it could be she cant help these accidents and she cant tell until the last moment that she wants to go.

Replies

• Hi i also have the same problem but with ds, Hes 4 in a few weeks.When we are out he seems ok maybe the odd one ok.When at home he could have loads it so stressful isnt it?When hes at nursery hes normally but recently he has started having a couple.We did find taking nappies away in the day did help alot could you try this and take extra clothes with you.Does she go on the toilet/potty at all?He know when needs to go but i think hes lazy with it.We have taken potty away an he just uses the toilet an this helped alot from what he was like, but i maybe think he didnt like potty.does she ever go with you to the toilet an see you go i didnt like doing this but when i showed his this he seemed go more.how is she with her poo?He can go fine an very rarley has that accident.Maybe its worth taking her to the gp an making sure there isnt a problem down there.has she ever hurt herslef when going to the loo which has made her not want to use it.if you ever find out let me know.i feel like a bad mum because i cant potty train him.Lol.Do you have any bladder problem. i have a weak bladder but that was due to being a prem baby but i think maybe he has one to.As urine problems do run in our family.x
  • she doesnt use a potty, shes gone straight to the loo, as dont like the potty. we can have accidents with poo aswell. you can tell when she wants to go for either and we can ask her "do you want to go to the loo" loads of times and she will say no and then seconds later she will say i am wet. we have found letting her be naked on the bottom half has helped as she will then ask to go to the toilet. we did take her to the dr's as she can complain of her bits hurting her, esp during the night, but the dr needs a water sample which isnt easy, esp when she doesnt go to the toilet before going to nursery and when shes out, its too late to take in.
  • hi,connor has started to this alot now.is it worth a try to ut naies back on her then try again in couple of weeks?and not saying about toilet.i am thinking about this.can you have a talk with the nursery to see if there is anything they can do,at connors they said they can if i wanted to.im in norfolk also,thetford do you know it?sorry about how the the other post came across,i didnt write it propley.with the sample could you ask nursery to help aswell,when i had to get a samle for connor he was a baby tho but they gave me a bag to get it in an yu put it in th napy could you try this?i hope to get this sorted for when he goes to school.x
  • your other post didnt come across in any sort of way image i think putting nappies bk on her now will be a very bkward step as its nearly a year since out of them during the day. i will have to have a word with the doctor about the sample as doubt the nursery will help. boys are easy to get a sample from when using that bag. my older boys both had them, but when in hospital. yes i do know thetford, wasnt far from where i lived k-lynn.
  • Ok image.yeah it going a step back.same as connor been in nappies about a year or so.i have a girl so i have all this to come soon.i hope it all works out ok soon.so hard when you have other children aswell.im gonna talk to mt health visitor soon and she what she says if i find anything out, i will let you know.
    amy