Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

pt and a new baby?

im planning on ttc soon and my son will be around 2-3 yrs and possibly ready for potty training, have any of you had to sope with a baby and trying to potty train a toddler?

Replies

• Options
    would you wait till after baby here?
  • Options
    Hi!
    I am currently 33weeks preg with my second child and our DD is 2yrs 8mnths. We are currently potty training and seem to be getting somewhere. Wanted to try soon enough before the baby was born that being dry would be somewhat established but decided if it didn't look like it was working then we would wait till some time after the baby was born before trying again as i think having a younger sibling is enough to cope with without learning how to potty train!
    I think it truly depends on how ready your child is to potty train and how close that falls to the baby arriving. I am aware that it is quite common for the older sibling to regress once the new arrival comes along but i guess you just have to take the good with the bad?! Fingers crossed our DD will be ok.
    Good luck
    xXx
  • Options
    yes im sure you are right