Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

is she ready?

Hi my lo is almost 20 months old and can say wee and poo, She tells us when she has done a poo and pulls at pull up when wet im thinking of trying to train her this week so we can be in the garden with the warm weather she can be naked, Anyway i was just wondering if it sounds like shes ready to be potty trained?any advice would be great thanks. Lin

Replies

• i think she is ready give it a go and see.i would say dont force her tho.best of luck.im tryingmy three year old son but getting nowere.good luck
  • Hi it sounds like she is ready, You could just show the potty and as you say have her naked so she can be sat on it easy. My daughter is 2 and half and she has only been potty trained about a month. She was doing what you lo is doing now and showing me all the signs of being ready to go on the potty at 18 months old, but she would not use it until recently. so just go with the flow and hopefully she will want to use it but don't worry if she isn't ready yet as many kids don't use the potty until they are over 2 according to my health visitor.
    Good luck

xxx
  • Hey hun my lo is 22 months and can say wee wee and pooh and tell me when she is doing it but is def not ready for potty training yet, I have a potty and she knows what it is but it is totally different trying to get them dry during the day and using it. I would have one around and make a point of clapping her when she sits on it and see how it goes and if you think she is really then go for it but i wouldnt push it either as sometimes they may become scared if you push it too hard (have tried that once lol). Im quite happy to go with the flow and feel when macey is just over 2 she will be more forward and talking and feeling alot more then but def worth a try xx