Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Toilet training 4 year old

I have a four year old daughter who started potty training a year ago now.

She is dry during the night and only wets on the odd occassion if she is extremely tired or had more than usual to drink.

It's the day time that's grinding me down. She had it down to a tee and then started nursery in September and comes home every day with a change of clothes on because she has wet herself. They even make a point of sending her to the toilet because I have asked them to but she still wets herself.

She also wets herself at home several times a day.

I wonder whether she has a weak bladder or is she just lazy? She doesn't drink huge amounts. Some days she will be excellent and ask to go to the toilet and I regularly take her to the toilet.

She will sit in it and go all quiet until I realise she has wet herself and then we change her and other times she runs off and gets changed and I find a wet pair of knickers on the bathroom floor.

No.2's dont appear to be a problem either she runs to the toilet to do these although she didn't do initially.

I don't shout at her so she shouldn't be scared and I've tried having nice chats. Should I try pull ups or is that just going to encourage her to wet herself more knowing that it wont wet her clothes or do I see the doctor?

HELP am I just worrying over nothing. It drives me mad.

xxx

Replies

• just keep doing what u doing chick dont make any fuss (easier said than done i know) i a playgroup leader and it not unusual for this to happen the less enfissis(sp) u put on it the better but maybe start a reward chart for dry pants and see how it goes.. see health visitor first before doc less intimidating for bubba and good luck and huggs for keepin calm xxxm
    fea x