Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training

help please

my son is 3 in march and still not toilet trained, he wont go near the potty, he feaks, ive tried outting pants on him and getting him to tell me when he needs, but as soon as he has the pants on he just pees, i have no idea what to do, ive tried praise and rewards but nothing works

xx

Replies

• my son was 3 in sept, and up till now hasnt been interested in using the potty at all!!!
    i spoke to his nursery and they said if hes not ready dont push it, it will only make it worst.
    So my advice would be the same. we've kind of left him to his own devices!!
    xx
  • well ive been told that if he isnt trained by august he isnt allowed to go to nursery till he is
  • Has he told you why he doesn't like using the potty? is it in an open space or private? Harrison is really particular when it comes to going to toilet, he doesn't like people seeing him and will make you leave the room if he needs a poo and often makes us turn the other way if he is having a wee.

It might be worth trying putting the potty in different places, or asking him where he would like it. Harrison likes to have a clothes airer round his with a bed sheet on so it's like his own little bathroom and he closes it round him when he goes to toilet.

xxxx
  • well ive been told that if he isnt trained by august he isnt allowed to go to nursery till he is

They can not tell you this. If the nursery has a space for your son, they have to take him, if he is in nappies or not. They cannot refuse him a space, just cos he is still in nappies.

[Modified by: norfolkbabe76 on February 02, 2010 12:51 PM]