Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training

Just won't pull his pants down!

Hi everyone!

I'm hoping someone might have some advice for me as to how to get my son (2yrs 8months) to pull his pants down before he uses his potty.

I've been potty training for just over a week now - that is I decided that he doesn't wear his nappy in the house anymore - and he's been doing great, from Day 2 he always uses his potty for wees & poos. But he just won't pull his pants down, and gets a little upset and runs away if I try to catch him in time to pull them down. Both my hubby and I have been really laid-back with the whole potty training thing so it's not as if he's been told off for forgetting to pull his pants down, he just seems to have dug his heels in on this and won't budge! Any advice?

Thanks

Smiles image

Replies

• Hi Smiles,
    Ive just posted a message on here as I have the exact same problem! Just wondering if you found a solution or had any tips by now?
    Thanks x
  • My ds (30months) was like this for the past few months so found it hard to get into the potty training, but two nights ago he wanted me to sit down and read with him, so I said I will but mummy just needs a wee wee first. Went upstairs, wee'd and by time I'd got down he'd taken off his pj's and pull ups and was sat on potty having a wee himself!!!!!

I think he just wasn't quite ready and now he's decided he is and now he knows he can pull his trousers down he's doing it all the time!!!! which is good apart from with his dad yesterday when he'd poo'd in his pull ups in the garden and decided to undress himself and get poo everywhere!!!