Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training

help needed, potty training x

Hi ladies,

I was just wondering if you could help me. I've been potty training my dd, which has been going pretty well but she has wee'd in my ds room and it absolutely stinks. Things is i don't know where, i've scrubbed the floors, changed the bedding and used febreeze everywhere but i can't get rid of the smell. Have any of you guys got any ideas how to get rid of it?

Thanks alot in advance x

Replies

• hiya hun, if there is carpet in the room it may have dried into the underlay eww you can hire a carpet cleener cheaply to get it out. bedding wise wash it in nappysan (stuff you use on towling nappies) works really well we soaked all training pants etc in it. wipe down furniture as if it gets on n starts to dry the smell is horrid. other than that hun air the room as much as poss. im just about to start seriously training ds2 n am soo not looking forward to it xxxxxx
  • Oh hun, that's not good. I agree with Lolly, I would pull the carpet up and you might get a better idea of where the smell is coming from. I hope you manage to get rid of it asap.
    I'm also just starting with my 3rd little tinker. We've got as far as, she will wee on the floor, point to it and say 'wee mummy' then go to the toilet, point and say 'toy-et mummy' sit on the loo for 10 seconds, do nothing and then ask for a nappy. Looks like it's going to be an interesting summer!!!
    I think I'm going to try and by pass the potty all together this time if I can. I think it would just confuse her as she sees her older sisters use the toilet all the time. Good luck with the training girls!! x x x
  • well we have decided to wait until its warmer before we start really trying, he had gotten quite good at sitting n peeing but last few weeks has been a pain!

good luck xxxx
  • Same here Lolly, I think I'll wait till the summer hols when I don't have to leave the house 4 times a day and then just go for it, all out!!! Just trying to get the idea in her head first. I think I'm hoping she will decide for herself she doesn't want a nappy any more, wishful thinking I know!!! lol! x
  • Thanks alot ladies i will try pulling the carpet up later x
  • Hi just letting you know i found where she had done it. My ds has an electic car in his room and she had taken the seat off and wee'd in there. so there was no need to clean the entire carpet. It does look like a potty though x
  • LOL...bless her!!!!
    Its a nightmare trying to find the smell. My little one poo'd somewhere and I could not find it. Eventually I found a dirty nappy inside a drawer in my hall table. OMG it was rank...

d xx
  • lol aaawww bless! Glad you found that out before you pulled up the carpet. xx