Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training

is she ready?

Hi my lo is almost 20 months old and can say wee and poo, She tells us when she has done a poo and pulls at pull up when wet im thinking of trying to train her this week so we can be in the garden with the warm weather she can be naked, Anyway i was just wondering if it sounds like shes ready to be potty trained?oh and what potty? i was thinking of getting one that looks like a little toilet are they any good?any advice would be great thanks. Lin
also posted in potty training

Replies

• Haven't got any advice I'm afraid but my litttle girl is the same age and doing exactly the same thing as yours and I to am thinking of training her. With the warm weather they can run about bottomless and if she's in the yard if she has an accident at least she's weeing out there rather than the carpet lol!!xxx
  • Hi, my little boy is 20months and also saying wee and poo, he also holds his bum when he's pooed and holds the front when he's weed, so i'm thinking of doing the same.
    I have been asking him to tell me when he wants to poo so we could get him on his potty before he does it, but he hasn't as yet!!

Shea has had a potty for about 4 months now, and he'll sit on it and watch tv but thats about it!!

I just bought a blue potty with a monkey on and it was ??1 in Morrisons, then I also got him a toilet seat from mothercare.

The warm weather is the perfect time to it tho - have them in the back garden with just a pair of pants on but I'm working full time at mo while huibbys out of work so i think i'll be waiting a bit as I haven't got the time to dedicate to it at moment................and dad's not keen on being in charge of this task!!