Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Potty Training

Hey ladies!

Well I started potty training my lo when she was around 18 months and was doing really well then when she was in nursery a new staff member took her to a potty in a cupboard thing instead of the little toilets for the children and got her freaked out! So left it a few months and now she is approaching 2 and tried to do it last week for the morning but nothing went right and I just feel totally stuck as she was doing it really weel before now I'm confused as to how to introduce it again.

Any tips would be really appreciated!

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

It's horrible when they have a set back isn't it. Is she still scared of the actual potty or has she been put off the whole idea of it? If the potty is the problem some mums go straight onto putting their lo's on the toilet instead. When potty training we used both a potty and one of those padded toilet seats and dd had a step to reach the toilet. Perhaps this might help in order to get her started again? It might be worth a try? xx
  • Options
    Thanks for replying!

I don't know if she's scared but she just keeps saysing no to it so maybe she has got a little fear. My aunt said that with all her kids she didn't use a potty either as they didn't like it and went straight to the toilet so might be worth a try.

I did try to do what we did before but it just didn't seem right and she just wasn't keen on the potty.

So I think at the weekend or maybe next we'll try using the toilet!

Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Fingers crossed!! Like i said the padded toilet seats are well worth trying, makes them feel more secure and some have got handles on the sides too. Let's hope this does the trick!! x
  • Options

try the towel potty training method