Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby Whisperer - Toilet training??

Hello everyone!

I've always found the baby whisperer book to be quite useful, it seems to use common sense rather than strict rules which I liked but I was reading the chapter on toilet training and was surprised to read that they recommend toilet training your lo between 9 and 17 months. I thought this seemed very young but alot of their arguments for training at this age seemed to make sense? My lo is 15 months so I was wondering if anyone else had followed the baby whisperers advice on toilet training and how they found it?

Amy

Replies

• hi amy i introduce a potty to my daughter when she turned 13 mths this was because i noticed she always peed right before her bath so now we sit her on and she pees we all clap and she thinks its great lol not got bladder control but maknig her aware of her body functions is all im doing at this stage i will start sitting her on after breakfast and lunch and tea this week as she turns 14 mths on the 24th i did the same with my son and he was fully potty trained night and day by 20mths .
    its what my family do so i have just followed their advice and we all trained before 2 so the whisperer must have something in it
    fea x
  • I think I'll buy this book. Is it a seperate book or just a chapter in the Baby Whisperer? I've wanted to introduce my 16 month old to a potty but there seems to be pressure to hold off until LO is at least 2 years old. I don't intend to start strictly potty training him but, like Fea, I want to get him acquianted with his bodily functions.
    Liz x
  • Its just a chapter in the regular book Liz. Let me kno how u get on!

That's great ur lo is associating the potty with fun fea!
  • Very good idea fea! I would never of thought to start potty training so early but ill definately start to look into it...i wouldnt know what to start! ( i guess a potty? lol)