Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Potty Training

I have just started to potty train my 2 year old boy and he is doing quite well. Day 1 got off to a shaky start with 6 accidents in the space of 2 hours, but once he had done a poo (sorry if TMI!) he was dry for the rest of the day. Day 2 he completely refused his big boy pants and although I did get a couple of wee's in the potty he really wasn't too keen. Day 3 he was dry all day. Now on day 4 and he has been dry so far. He is just wearing proper big boy pants, then I put pull ups on for day time sleep, which have so far stayed dry. Obv, still wearing nappy at night.
Our only real problem is poo's, he's not yet done one on the potty. He's not used to sitting down to do a poo, he always goes and stands in the corner, and is still doing this with his pants on. So far i've not been quick enough to spot it in time!
Tomorrow he goes to nursery and I really don't know what I should do. Should I put him in pull ups all day and ask them to take him to try for a wee regularly? Or should I just ask them to carry on doing what I have been doing and put up with the consequences? I don't want to confuse Ollie by changing things, but at the same time I don't want him having accidents with other people.
Also, anyone got any ideas on how to get him to sit down for poo's? Are poo's harder for them to control? He stands up to do a wee - he likes to be a big boy like Daddy!!!

Any suggestions would be very welcome. Nicola. xx

Replies

• Options
    I am by far an expert on potty training but I would say send him and ask them to carry onhat you have been doing. Just send loads of clean clothes. Remember that the nuirsery nurses are the experts in this and seeing the other children use the potty will probally encourage him more. Good luck, wish I could get my little boy to go on the thing! xxx