Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training

Have forgotten how to potty train!!!!!!!

My lo is nearly 2 and a half and we have been potty training for a couple of months, he is fine at home
when he is running around with no clothes on and will use the potty and the loo but when he is dressed or has a nappy on its like he has forgotten what to do or he is too busy to worry about going. he will let you know when he is having a wee but not before but is fine when not dressed.
He is my fourth childand i feel like i have dementia as i cant remember how i got through this stage with my other kids !!!!!!! love leighxxx

Replies

• Leigh - I totally konw here you are coming from - Mia my 2 1/2 year old needs to be potty trained, has picked her knickers - peppa pig - and her potty BUT she's not interested in the slightest apart from putting it on her head that is or when I sit down to bf my youngest!! How do I get her interested in it?
    Sam xx
  • Ive just bought my 17 mon old daughter lilah one of those chairs with the potty in it. At the moment she plays with it like its one of her toys. I leave her nappy off occasionally and sit her on the potty so she knows what to do. The Thing with kids is they learn by what they see and hear, but its not like i can physially sit on the pot to show her, so i think i will be needing a few tips myself. Rubysmum maybe you should put a pair of pants on your son whilst he is running around the house so he gets used to having to pull his pants down. At least he wont have to struggle with trousers aswell.
  • we have had a few days back in the nappys and are now trying again so far so good, i bought him some doctor who pants and he loves them but will only keep them on for a little while, hi sam we have a potty book called rubys potty which alex loves and did help (i think) or maybe a dolly with a potty !? love leighxxx
  • Hi Leigh - shes got a book somewhere in her bedroom(!)and is aware of her older sister using the toilet - I dont think she is interested at the moment - she is starting playgroup at easter and really needs to be dry before then so will try again in a few weeks - happy days!! Sam xx