Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training

Potty training and dry skin

Hi all,

Was just wondering if anyone has had problems with dry skin on arms once starting potty training?

I started potty training Tom a week ago. He's doing really well, but of course it means we are washing hands alot more now and I noticed today that he's suddenly got really dry, sore looking skin all up his arms. He's been using the same handwash as us and I'm sure that probably hasn't helped. And the poor fella has been scratching a fair bit this afternoon too. We've put loads of his cetraben cream on his arms tonight before he went to bed. Hopefully this will help a bit.

Can anyone recommend a really gentle handwash for a little man with sensitive skin?

Replies

• hi, ive i were you i would pop along to the doctors and see what they say as it might be start of exma (sp?) even if its not they may be able to give you a prescription for auquesous cream which can be used to wash with and used as a moistorier but get it on presription as doc knows about it then and its free. if you dont fancy going to docs, i know that jonson and jonson do a soap that is purfume and colour free.