Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Wont do a poo on the potty

Please help any suggestions grateful, my daughter turnerned 2 end of april and started potty training 4 weeks ago, well i say training i took he nappy off and told he were her potty was and told her to tell mommy when she wanted to do a wee or a poo and she just went ahead and done it she also stayed dry through the night at the same time i couldnt belive how easiy it was until last week when she started not wanting to do a poo in the potty or toilet instead she tells me its dirty. Please i need advise, i work sil;ly hours and i know my oh cant cope with her for long periods of time and im currently 5 months pregnant not that this matters to me but i would like to turn it around, i have tried to bribe but to be honest she gets everything anyway so to tell her she will get a new toy or sweets really doesnt work.
Thanks in advance
Nikki

Replies

• Hi, I had this when I started training my son. He trained in less than a week, but one day when he was doing a poo on the toilet, he suddenly started screaming and after that flat out refused to poo in potty or loo! ( I think he got a bit of 'splashback' from the bowl! :lol: )

I bought a magnetic 'reward chart', and started to give him a magnet for each time he pooed in the potty/loo. When he got a row of magnets he could choose a treat such as a trip out somewhere or a new book/small toy etc. He took to it straight away, and has done it ever since. (slowly weaned off the 'treats' of course).

Maybe you could try cutting down on giving her too many treats 'for nothing' as it were, and then try and get her to earn her treats with either a magnet board or a sticker chart? Also her reward doesnt need to be a new toy, a trip to the park or walk in the woods worked wonders for my lo so maybe you could try something similar? good luck! x