Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

3 yr old wont potty train UPDATE!!

hi ladies. looking for some advice. my son turned 3 on the 1st may. and whilst last week was half term thought i'd try potty training with NO success' he is not bothered about still being in nappies but he is soooo ready to be out of them' he knows when he is weeing and pooing but is too lazy to pull hes pants down' i've tried reward charts but he has no interest in them. any ideas? my 1st son was so easy he started using the potty straight away but this son doesnt wanna use a potty or toilet. even my hv had no answers. can anyone help me pleaaassseee:\?

HES USING THE POTTY!!! after catching chickenpoxs last week and having so many round hes groin and on hes bum he didn't wanna wear a nappy which i said was fine as long as he used a potty to do hes businesses on not my carpets and here we are a week on and only 1 accident. as soon as he wakes up in the morning he takes hes pull up off and puts hes big boy pants on. i'm so proud off him...ximage

[Modified by: connermum on 09 June 2009 21:27:09 ]

Replies

• Options
    Didn't want to R+R.

I'm not at this milestone yet but the only thing I can suggest is wait for another month and then try again. And in the meantime just leave the potty out so he can see it and maybe he might tell you if he needs to use it? Maybe you are already doing that!? It's good he knows when he's doing a wee/poo I think that's some of the struggle.
    Is your 1st lo still at home in the day? Can't he show his lil' bro how it's done?

Not sure if I've helped or not.....?!
  • Options
    I was struggling with Millie untill I had some help from Prima's wondernanny. What she told us to do was basicaly involve him in choosing a potty and big boy pants, when everything is ready and you know you have a few days at home start first thing one morning. Let him pick a pair of 'big boy pants to wear and then make a big thing out of throwing away all the nappies (eekk!) For the first few days you will need to sit him on the potty every hour or so and you will have LOADS of accidents. They get the hang of it really quickly though, by day 3 Millie was completely dry and asking when she needed to go. I think sometimes they don't see the point of using a potty because they are quite happy with wearing a nappy, take the nappy away and they soon realise having wet pants isn't much fun!! Obviously you need to make a big fuss of him every time he uses the potty, and just clean it up quietly if he has an accident. Millie carried on wearing nappies at night for a week or two, then we managed to get rid of those as well.
    Good luck hun!
    xx