Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

potty training???

My daughter is 22mths & showing signs of being ready to start potty training. I knw all children are different but I'm just curious to knw what age other parents began potty training at & how long it took them? Also any tips would be most appreciated
Thanks x

Replies

• my boy was 3 he went straight to using the toilet and to get him to use it i used to put bubbles down the toilet and he would wee on them i know it sounds strange but it works!!!!!
  • My daughter was toilet trained at 22 months, she went straight to using the toilet as she didnt seem to like the potty. My son will be 2 next week and he has now been out of nappies for about 3 weeks. As you say all children are different but if she is showing signs that she is ready then just go with, with our children they went straight into pants as i think pull ups are too much like a nappy.
  • I've potty trained two now (my girl was 2 end of april and is now dry day and night) and my biggest tip is: commit. Once you've decided now is the time, take off the nappy during the day and do not put it back on.
  • My Daughter didn't get dry day a night till she was 3 I just kept forgetting to put a nappy on her my son is 2 and has no interest about going on the potty or the toilet
  • my daughter was 2years 4 months&i just went for it when i had a week off work&didnt put a nappy on at all again,it took 6 days.dry at night 2 weeks later as refused a nappy so i used to lift her for a wee when i went to bed.good luck x
  • My son was 3 in June and still not totally there - he uses the potty and the toilet but I have to watch him like a hawk as if he's too busy playing with his toys he will just go in his pants - especially for a poo. If I ask him if he needs the toilet he usually says no even when he's hopping from one foot to the other lol! I have to literally drag him to the loo and sit him there.

Can't wait til he's at the stage where he just goes to the potty/toilet by himself! I think it's harder for boys than girls for some reason - think they are more easily distracted.