Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How old is old??

13»

Replies

• Options
    I know what you mean, I'm 34 and my cousin who is 36/37 already has 3 grandchildren! She had her first child when she was 15 x
  • Options
    I have an 8 year old , born when I was 33. Since then had a misscarriage at 39 and just found out I am pregnant, due the week before my 42nd BDay. I must be classed as ancient!
  • Options
    Im so glad to hear that there are some ladies out there having babys after the age of 40! I had my 5th last year aged 40 but i really want another, i know time isnt on my side so id better get to it,( ill be 41 next wk!) I just need to convince my oh. lol. x
  • Options
    I am 35. I came off the pill in the end of January. I hope to see AF soon.
    I can't wait for the time to pass so I can start trying for my first baby in May.
  • Options
    Yikes - I looked on the young mums forum 1st and realised with horror that although I feel young I'm not!!!!
    I'm 34 and have a 17yr boy (Ben), a 1yr boy (Tom) and just found out I'm expecting again. My eldest was (and is) fantastic with his little bro and when I told him I may be preg again he said 'good'.
  • Options
    hi my name is Kerry and after discovering at 41 Im going to have another baby after 14 years came has a lovely suprise! i've had 3 miscarriages in 3 years ! so I'm hoping that this time will be ok!
    Though i am "ONLY 41" i've been feeling about 81 and I'm only 8 weeks into this pregnancy lol ! Its ok for these celeb "older " mums they've got celeb fame and fortune to take their minds off sore breasts! Headaches and not forgetting good old all day nausea! But despite all this I'm over the moon! xxx
  • Options
    I know how you feel debbiemc. I will be 40 soon and would love another child. hubby doesn't agree though!!!
  • Options
    Well i must be really really old then if some of you think 35 is old ! ! !
    Im 41 and 9 weeks pregnant! A bit of a shock at 1st has we had given up trying! I have a son 17 and i some times still feel like Im still potty training him! He's off to uni in sept and i think he's in for a big shock ! ! lol xxx
  • Options
    hi everyone im 42, and have a 7 month old. I also have a 21 and 18 year old. Would love more but my 18 year old daughter thinks im to old!.

• Options
    Hi Nessy
    Well, i can now beat your mum as i am 47 and ttc!!! I had a mc at 45 years old and nothing since. I do believe it is very unlikely that i will ever fall again but i am trying to if i can. I still feel 21 and behave it too! lol. So i am guessing that i am the oldest ttc on here. Any tips your mum could pass on woud be great!
    Thanks all
    love bluebird xxxx
  • Options
    Hi everyone, Can I join this club. I am 41 and just became a grandma, but the problem is I now want another one of my own, so I had my merina coil removed on friday and now ttc.

My other children are daughter 23, son 21 (and a new dad) and daughter 11 and half. I didnt really think I would have any more children but I still feel like a mommy when I look at the new baby - definately not a nan lol. So here I am trying for another one and I certainly don't see myself as too old lol.
  • Options
    Good for you ariah67, your deffinately not too old! Im 41 and trying for no 6!! Good luck and i hope you get your BFP soon. Ohh and many congrats on becoming a nana. xx
  • Options
    thanks debbiemc.

It was becoming a nana that made me want another. before then I was quite happy with the children I have - all growing up now, youngest is nearly 12.

I am just hoping that my body still wants to give me a baby, and as i only had my merina coil out on 18th I think its gonna be a couple of months before I get a BFP.

x

• Options
    Hi Amanda, don't listen to the doctors, they're talking rubbish!! I was made to feel exactly the same - it took us about 18 months to conceive & all I ever seemed to hear from doctors (& I think they were all men!) was that my best bet of getting pregnant "at my age" (was 38 then, 39 now) was ivf. Anyway, we conceived naturally & can't wait for our little girl to arrive in about 5 weeks!
    Wishing you the very best of luck - don't give up!!
  • Options
    hi, i dont know if im an older mum, 34 now due in july but i had my first daughter at 16 so she is 18 now and i feel old starting over again!!

so ive been a young mum and now an older mum, probably have more sense now but less energy!!

becs 26+1wks
  • Options
    Hi Ladies,

At 44 I seem to be the oldest on this discussion board. Never really felt old till I fell pregnant, and the boy did the comments roll in!!
    I miss miscarried this pregnancy at 9 weeks, finding out that he had died at 7 weeks, but looking at how many people miscarry I don't feel in any way this had to be because of my age. Admittedly it is a harder decision as to whether we try again, but we will decide shortly.
    Any advice from any of you oldies but goodies??
  • Options
    Hi CatsMother. You will be glad to know that you are not the eldest on this discussion board, i am 47!!!! I miscarried when i was 45 but dont know why. Get paranoid about starting the menopause and have had a few early symptoms. Have had an inordinaye amount of stress at work this last year which hasnt helped me but i still got some ov hits when 46. My afs have gone awol now, i'm on day 103!!!! but i did get a large blob of ewcm recently which i havent had for ages so wondering if something might be happening again. I am having reflexology tomorrow and the klady is also a faith healer so i am hoping she will be able to tell me something. Good luck, never say never image xxxx
  • Options
    I definitely feel like an older mum as I will be 40 in 2 weeks and and am due in October. I was a young mum when I had my other 3 - at 16, 18 and 20. I was a grandma just before I turned 32! I am not having tests as I wouldn't do anything - I had 2 miscarriages last year and problems at the beginning of this pregnancy. This is my husband's 1st and a much longed for baby. I am worrying about how my body will cope this time though - last time it was a doddle but that was 20 years ago!