Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

bloody painful

I have the sharpest breast pain ever. I got it last time just before I got pregnant with Ayesha. I just feels like I have been stabbed. It is so bad. I cant even breath in much which is making me breathless.It is even in the exact spot it was last time. Left breast on the outer side next to my arm. Weird. 

I dont want to phone NHSDirect though, last time this happened I was rushed into hospital, (they thought it was a heart attack, even though I kept saying breast not chest) and the staff just looked at me and said I could have just gone the gp. I am in so much pain though. A 30 min journey home from school took me 1hr and 30 min because I had to keep stopping because of the pain. I was begging for someone I knew to drive past and take me home but it never happened.

Replies

• I say go to A&E, always better to be on the safe side.
    Hope all is well and that the pain goes soon. x
  • thanks, last time it just faded after a couple of hours. I am gonna have a hot bath and see if that eases it. It has worried the girls though which is horrible, Isabelle gave me her chocolate buttons and said heres your medicine mummy, bless. Then she said. DO I need to call daddy on number 2 (speeddial) at least she remembered.
  • How are you now Linz?
    P
  • if you're having a sharp pain in your chest and it's painful when you're breathing in and you can't catch your breath, it's worth going to A+E or your GP to check your oxygen levels so they can rule out a PE (pulmonary embolism) as they are much more common - i think that is what they would have been trying to rule out before..