Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Just found out and terrified!

Replies

• Options

Hi Cat,

somehow missed this post as not been on much last week, welcome to PP! i'm lucy, mum to ben and sproglet who is on his way..

have never had a mc, but met lots of mummies who have and can't imagine how difficult it must be not to get stressed. even without having had one, i think pregnancy can make you feel anxious for 9 months, and once they pop out it can get worse!! don't think you ever believe everything is okay til they are in your arms, as everyone knows how easily a mc can happen..

fingers crossed everything is okay for you ( i always try to think of how many children there are in the world who are fine to try to reassure me!), hopefully once you get to your 12 week scan you'll feel a bit better and then try to enjoy your pregnancy as it's such a magical (although scary) time! i'm 22 weeks now and still get scared when i think i haven't felt a kick for a bit.

careful not to have your bath too hot as you're more prone to fainting - i made that mistake when pregnant with ben in communal student halls! one of my friends found me on the floor in the bathroom image

look forward to chatting soon xx

• Options
    i fainted because of a hot shower the morning after my section, ouch!image
  • Options

Thanks for the tip about the bath - I am a bit of a one to have them very hot but I will cool it off a bit now.  I've heard that hot baths aren't good for the tadpoles anyway.

I have managed to relax a bit today as I had a long chat with my doctor (panicking as I have a bad cold and laryngitis - this is the illness that I had very badly before the mc last year) and she has told me to stop worrying and talking and start relaxing and resting, so am now off work with feet up and lots of pets giving me undivided attention.

I'm really enjoying the site - everyone's so helpful and it's great to be able to talk to people openly, as me and hubby have decided not to say anything even to family until 12 weeks it's a relief to be able to unburden; I really think that's the best help of all!

Thanks and hugs to all the very helpful ladies I've met so far! x x x

• Options
     Thats ok, good luck to you, and try and enjoy to small part of pregnancy, as ive forgot what my feet look like lol!!! ive been on this site a week and its just great really reasuring and sometimes just a good laugh! hope you feel better soon xx hugs xximage
  • Options
    am glad you are relaxing a bit you will feel a bit better in you self now hope to chat to you jade
  • Options

Hi cat,

Welcome to pp, I'm Karen and mami to Hollie who is 13 months old and ttc #2.

Definately cool the baths down, i also love hot baths and nearly fainted so many times when i was pregnant. Even in labour i remember moaning at the midwife in the birthing pool that the water wasnt hot enough, but she kept telling me that it cant be any hotter ready for when baby arrives.

Take care of yourself and get plenty of rest to get over your illness. xx 

• Options

Welcome to PP Cat image

I know we've chatted in the lounge but until i read this post i only knew you as ginger wookie!!

Congratulations on your pregnancy, i can totally understand how worried you must be. I too lost my first baby, and was very nervous the whole way through my next pregnancy. I took comfort in the fact the pregnancy felt very differnet from my 1st, i got a lot more symptoms and just hada 'good feeling' about it. I was still pettrified of course but now have 2 gorgeous kiddies, i never dreamt that would happen!! (it took quite a long time to conceive 1st time round)

I hope you are feelnig better now

Love Tasha xx

• Options

Thanks Tasha - it is reassuring to know other people have been through the same thing as me.

My mum said that sometimes, especially with older mums, your body needs one mc to know what to do when you have your next pg, I haven't heard any medical people say this but it does certainly seem to ring true with quite a few people!

I have noticed already that this feels different - my "missed period" pains have pretty much eased off now, just a wee bit tender now and noticing a few differences in areas I'd rather not mention!

So yes, I'm feeling a lot more positive than I was last week, although I'm still fairly ill I am making the most of no hubbie at home and doing absolutely nothing round the house other than feeding myself properly!

Slightly obsessive about that now - as a vegetarian, I have made myself a checklist of everything I should be eating each day and ticking off the portions of different food types - yes I know that sounds particularly psychotic! image

Thanks again, and hope to chat to you all over the next few weeks x

• Options
    not at all psychotic, im sure plenty of pp ladies have done much stranger things, me im obsessed with brushing my teeth!
  • Options

Hi Cat, that's great you're feeling a more positive this week image

One fo the doctors i saw during my miscarriage said something along the lines that a pregnancy after a miscarriage often 'takes' better as the womb is now mature and knows what its doing, so similar to what your mums said. Certainly seemed the case for me.image

I don't think you sound psycotic, my sil is pregnant and has an almost obsession about what you ca't weat, checks the packs on everything and yet she's a doctor so you think she'd be a little calmer! But i think whilst pregnant you just can't control what you worry about! imageimage

• Options

Hi Cat,

Glad you are managing to relax a bit more. Hope your cold and throat are better. Rest up and take care.

By the way you mentioned pets, what pets do you have?

Pauline x

• Options
    hope things are going well, were all here wen your in need of support or reasurrance xxx
  • Options
    how are you getting on in your pregnancy ging, do you know your due date yet?
  • Options

Hello there. I know it's not the same thing but my little boy Orion died last november at eight months old from a heart defect. I am 38 weeks pregnant at the moment and despite about 6 scans to check this little bean is ok I will still be worried sick til I have a healthy baby on my lap.

Even though my pregnancy with my son was fine (this one has actually been a lot harder) I have worried non stop that I would miscarry or something would go wrong becfause I couldn't face and more heartache. My brothers and mum were a bit dubious about my trying for another so soon after Orion's death but it seemed the natural thing to me as I enjoyed being a mummy so much.

Obviously at this point I could have the baby at any moment and despite not really relishing the thought of the hurty part I am now a bit tired of being whale like and will just be releived to hold what the more sensible part of me knows is a healthy baby!

I think a bit of worrying is normal, even if you haven't had problems in the past. Most ladies can tell you about horrible nightmares they've had when pregnant. The best thing for me has been doing positive things like looking at baby names and thinking about a possible move to becomming a midwife when my bean is old enough!

Take care

Holly  xxxx

• Options

Hi Pauline - I've been offline a few days, so sorry for the delay!  I have a dog and 2 cats who are great distractions at the moment.

Linz - I don't have an "official" due date but am guessing around the end of June 2009.  I've got another 4 weeks to go then I can make a doctors appointment to get things confirmed a bit, fingers crossed.  All seems to be going well, really queasy today though, I've been eating small amounts frequently which I've had to force myself to do!

Thanks for the messages, it's really helping x

• Options
    good to hear your distracting yourself, I know the queasy stage is awful, but trust me eating is alot better than not, i had a few days where i really struggled and ended up feeling worse and dizzy! Good luck xxx
  • Options

OMG Holly, I am so sorry to hear your story.  I can't imagine how painful that must be for you.  Big hugs and lots of good wishes going your way.

You do sound like a remarkably strong lady, I'm sure your bean will benefit from such a lovely mummy!

Take care and look forward to chatting more

x

• Options

Not feeling that strong at the moment. I cried watching Ghostbusters 2 last night lol

I am over emotional! And I can't stop eating!

• Options

I burst into tears watching the Vicar of Dibley today! 

I can just about cope with being queasy, although it's a pain.  Brushing my teeth this morning though was an experience I don't want to repeat in a hurry though, let's just say it definitely seems to be a trigger!

I see that "they" recommend things like ginger nuts to have for nibbles - any experience of this helping?

Aiming to go back to work tomorrow, fingers crossed I make it through the day...

• Options
    I found ginger biscuits helped quite a lot but the best thing for me was just to keep eating little bits all day. Obviously not chocolate/lard but crackers or toast or something. Being hungry or tired made me much sicker. and getting on the bus, which was fun.