Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Guess what.....

2»

Replies

• somehow missed this post, but congratulations on such a lovely scan picture!! so glad everything went well and you can start getting excited!

i had to have my waters broken with ben, and it never really crossed my mind to buy a mattress protector - that's very forward thinking! as for a new mattress, we got a fab sealy orthopaedic one last year, which has been worth every penny. i'd say definitely invest in one of those v pillows - great for pg and bf image

am beginning to get all excited now, as just under 10 weeks to go for me now!! 12 weeks feels like a long long time ago now, so don't worry, you have plenty of time to sort things out. wish i could say we had sorted out our debt prior to ben arriving.. he just seems to have added to it! although wouldn't change things for the world.

sounds like you've got  very well trained OH - he sounds lovely xx

• Cat, what a fab scan pic! I loved both of my first scans!!

I slept on a broken bed when pregnant with Bronwyn, once she arrived and I had some spare cash i invested in a superking size bed which fills the room!! It fab, and allows me to have as many pillows as i want without encroaching onto Gareth's half!! Deffo get a mattress protector too as my mates waters went in bed and it ruined her mattress and divan base. She had to get one delivered whilst she was in hopsital!!! Chemists do them for about a tenner for a double!!

• I done a super cheap job of mattress protectoe in our bed,i just cut open a wheely bin liner and put one of my big beach towles over my side(covered over half the bed tho)of the bed so i didnt have to worry as ours was new to. Waters never went tho they were broken,but still better safe than sorry.
  • never protected my mattress as jack was early section and lola was planned section from 10wks so never crossed my mind my waters could break, bit dopey really!
  • Darren had a friend who always moaned his ex's waters broke all over the bed.Guy was an absolute **** but it always stuck in my mind.I always had my waters broken,except with Arwen,and hers went about a minute before she was born on my bedroom floor.(plastic decorating sheets all in place,cos it was all planned)It was less of a worry for feeding in bed though,cos they all spit up a little,and somehow they know just how to miss the raggy.
  • lolas colds made her sick a few times, yesterday she puked while feeding and coughed and sneezed it all over me and carried on eating, blooming pig, im sat there gagging and shes munching away boob covered in sick (sorry Tmi) and the usual mountain of muslins had disappeared along with andrew my mercy fell on jack thank god he understood and leant us his, then said yuck about 100 times when he pinched it back dripping wet! lol
  • Laura - how horrible!  Bless Jack tho for helping out.

Sarah - my OH sells outdoors type wheeled toy things, really cool stuff, but the company is based over in Ireland so he spends most of his time there.  He started the job in May and was supposed to be seeing customers over here too, but so far that hasn't happened much.... I think that next year as we're trying to save money he'll only be back every fortnight which means I will be missing him loads image but it's better to have a job than not!

I have to be honest I hadn't thought much about waters breaking in bed, will defo get a protector!  There are some cheap ones in Argos, but also I know my bro has some disposable absorbant things for covering the bed, so I might sneak some of those a bit closer to the time.  

I have told my OH you all think he's lovely so he's now cheerfully going off to bed ready to get up early and earn a new mattress.  Yes I am counting my blessings right now!

• Mattress update - went to Debenhams yesterday to look at maternity sales clothes - I wasn't so keen, but my oh insisted I got at least some cheap jeans (did well too - 1 pair jeans, 1 top and 1 dress all for £26, less my £20 voucher and I felt like I had a real bargain!).

Anyway while we were there we tried out mattresses and found a lovely orthopaedic one with a plumpy cushion top that both of us loved.  I made Neil get on and off a few times while I was lying down and I didn't even get bounced, so it's going to be just great. 

The original ticket price for the bed with mattress was £1100, and with the sales and only wanting the mattress we got it for just £200 plus delivery!  I am feeling very chuffed with myself now, my oh was insistent that it would cost at least £500, so he now thinks I am being thrifty too!

Just don't want him to go back to work now on Monday image it's been so nice having him at home for nearly 2 weeks.

• What a fab scan pic!! I'm really pleased for you that everything is okimage

And what a bargain for the mattress!!!!!!! You def need to be comfy now your pg, and a body pillow thingy is must too, i used to stuff it under my bump and between my legs. Heaven!image 

• Cat thats a fantastic price on the mattress,and well done on your clothes shopping. When will your new mattress be delivered.
  • Around 2 weeks so just enough time for my oh to start saying the last few nights "it is a bit lumpy this old mattress isn't it?  I'm glad we're getting a new one" image

In truly excellent news, although it has cost us £50 in booking him a new flight, the unexpected snow this morning prevented him from getting out of the village so he's at home today.  So am I, although I am working as I figure if he can't get out I don't stand a chance... So I get a whole extra day with him - woohoo!

• Thats nice for you both then,nice and snug in the warm.

Adi's boss is picking him up at the moment  as he had his back op early dec and cant ride his bike till its better anyway,not much getting away with not going in.lol.

• It's lovely, the fire is blazing away, I am working away on my laptop with my feet up and a cat curled up on my legs, and my lovely oh made me lunch and chopped wood and did the washing up and everything.

I could get used to having a servant!

Sounds like a nasty op.  Is he recovering OK?

• Cat sounds like you well and truely being spoilt at the mo. Adi has had 2 of these op's already and they dont help much either,theres more pain after as its direct into the spine disc,but his not found that it helps him what so ever,they said if does not work this time they wont do anything else altho they did say before they could do a disc replacement op but now they dont want to offer it till his back get worse. His only 27 and hates the fact his not so mobile.

His ok now thanks.