Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Had scan yesterday

2»

Replies

• hope everything goes well for all of you pregnant ladies and your little sprouts! if im honest im not very trusting of all the tests as i was told by my consultant with lola that jacks consultant was laid off due to alot of babies being brought early unecessarily, so my boy would have been fine!!image IM just lucky he is only small nothing else like some of the others, also they thought lola as iugr aswell but i argued and im glad she did she was born perfectly healthy and ready 3 days b4 dd which i was happy with!! trust your instincts were supermums after all!
  • yes a agree to well my 4 step kids think that anywaylol
  • They (midwifes etc) always worry unnesscarylily (cant spell!) I am sure everything will be ok, and a little boy too, how lovely.xxxxxxxxxx
  • congrats on having a boy
  • read quite a good article about amnios and chorionic villus sampling in mother and baby magazine this month (my mum nicks it from her work!!). it had quite a sad story in it about an older mum who went ahead with an amnio at 15 weeks after lots of agonising, and that she then went on to have a miscarriage a week later.. they found out afterwards that the amnio results were normal image they said that through amnio testing for every four babies terminated with Down's, two healthy babies are lost through the risk of miscarriage from the procedure. makes you think..

i always get the giggles in the wrong places - the last time was at a catholic remembrance service for my cousin who died last year.. the priest was such a miserable bugger, and my brother and I had no idea when to sit down or stand up and got in a bit of a muddle!

can see you would definitely have your hands full Jo - but sounds like you do already!! fingers crossed for you that everything will be better at the next scan.. i don't know how you manage being pregnant and looking after 6 children.. i've been in a foul mood this evening after a busy day at work and then coming home and just sorting ben out for the night.. bump is getting in the way and the hospital was SO hot today - i was in a state of permanent hot flushes! winding down with cookies and hula hoops this evening (can't have tea as would be up peeing all night!).

• I read that article too - my OH bought it trying to convince me to his point of view, but it just worked the other way!

I know it will all sort itself out, and I'm probably worrying over nothing, but I just don't like the fact we have such different views.

Never mind, cross that bridge if it appears.

Jo I get the giggles too - don't know how I will cope as I am adamant I need to do something like yoga or pilates to get supple and stronger.... maybe I'll get kicked out for being a disruptive influence...

• I was expelled from violin lessons and choir at school,for giggling,messing about.Can't see I really missed out there.I'll have to stick to lovely calming bath products,at least I can't offend anyone.I'm sure everyone gets like that at first though,Cat.I'm sure you'll be fine if it's something you really want to do
  • Jo congratulations on baby being a boy. That will be a nice change after the last two being girls. Sorry to hear they have worried you after your scan, fingers crossed things go ok for you and baby. xx
  • Cat - i can see why it would have worked the other way.. i'd say it's completely normal to have completely different views, and it's a part of becoming a parent! the only thing shawn and i ever argue about is Ben..

you must have gotten your results from your 12 week scan - are you deciding whether or not to have the amnio or are you talking about the 20 wk anomaly scan?

Jo - i had violin lessons for a term at school.. i made my whole family, including myself, very miserable at the noises i managed to produce!! i don't think you missed out on much!

• Hi Lucy

I had my 16-week appt today, so they took the 2nd lot of blood for Downs, just waiting for the results to come through.  The MW said that if it's fine they send a letter, if it's high risk they only let the MW know and I'm not due to see her now for 6 weeks - will just have to try and forget about it until then I think.

Heard the heart beating today!  So happy, it was again just incredible.  Feeling much more mumsy now, I'm definitely developing a "pregnant profile" so really must get stuck in to all the jobs that need to be done.... ooh is that chocolate and a good book I see....? image

• Am sure if you were high risk you could find out from the MW sooner.. It seems crazy you have to wait that long if you don't get a letter. Is that what your MW said then?

It's lovely hearing the heartbeat isn't it?? I get so excited! I asked Shawn to come to my last appointment so he could hear it too - he was less than impressed!! image he only really gets excited once the baby is here.

Chocolate and a good book sounds great.. Am a bit miffed today as I was sposed to have thursday and friday off this week, but found out today that there is no cover so I have to go in.. Had planned a day of sorting out baby stuff..