Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What car will have a big enough boot?

Hi ladies

OH and I are looking to change my car now that we are expecting our first baby. I currently have a KA and I really want a 5 door and something with a larger boot so that I don't struggle with fitting a travel system in the boot. So my question is, what car would you recommend?! What car do you have and what travel system fits into the boot? Ideally I don't want too big a car or a people carrier. I was looking at perhaps the ford focus or renault megane earlier on the internet, so something that sort of size perhaps.

Any opinions would be appreciated!

x x

Replies

• Options
    g/c but i have a ford fiesta (not the brand new shape but the one just before) and i had the graco travel system and it fitted in like a dream. didnt have much space spare but as it was laying flat in the boot i could still get the shopping on top of it with out an issue.

hope that helps
  • Options
    we have a c4 which fitted in our travel system although no room for shopping in the boot, but it really depends what pram you get as some need space for the extras like the carry cot ect, my friend had the same car and a quinny but really struggled getting the bits in the boot, also if you have already got you eye on a travel system you need to check the carseat is compatible with the car you want, i think unless you get a big car there wont be a lot of room oce the sytem is in place, might be worth taking the pram dimentions round with you when looking at cars x

happy shopping x
  • Options
    We've always had "big" cars, OH's a total car nut but I believe Honda Civics are good spacewise. The most practical car we've had since having kiddies has been a Saab 95 estate. Loads of room and fab space in boot for nappy changes lol!
  • Options
    I have a new corsa and its like Mary Poppins hand bag! image
  • Options
    We have a volvo V40 estate - it IS a big car, but the boot is fantastic...! Only thing is, the middle of the back seat is the only place you can safely put a car seat, because of all the airbags - so if you have more than one baby, its out I'm afraid!

xx
  • Options
    We currently have a renault megane, and I love it. The boot is a good size, and we've had no problem getting any of our travel systems in to it. there are also lots of other storage spaces inside the car itself which come in very handy. There's one on the footwells of both the drivers side and passengers seat, and in the door space, and between the two front seats - very handy!

Unfortunately we're going to have to get something bigger now as we're expecting baby #3, and with 2 car seats in the back there won't be much room in the middle for my 9 year old. Otherwise I'd be hanging on to my Megane. We've had her for 5 years and I'll be sorry to let her go.

hth xxx
  • Options
    I have a golf and have fitted my double buggy and a friend's single in the boot. It's a spacious car with decent boot but not massive to drive or park
  • Options
    I have a golf (2009 mark 6 model) as well - got it on recommendation from other mums who said the boot was one of the biggest for a small-ish family car. Our baby hasnt arrived yet, but we have tried our pram in the boot and it fits fine (we have m&p sola).

pp+bb

40+2
  • Options
    I have a 2006 Seat Leon and its fab ! Looks compact but is like a tardis inside. We have a silvercross 3d travel system and it fits in there no problems with room for shopping too. It has the isofix seats aswell which is a plus (although we dont use them) and I just love love love it !!

Is a diesel so economical even with ours being a 2 litre turbo, and if you go for an entry model its a lot cheaper than alot of other cars.
  • Options
    We have a golf too and absolutely love it!!!!!! x
  • Options
    I have the quinny buzz and it fits in the boot fine x
  • Options
    Quinny Buzz 4 fits in the boot of a Fiesta and you can just about get the seat in there too, but you can't get the boot lid on. Carry cot will have to go on the back seat! x