Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I know I shouldn't....pram help

My friend is now about 34 weeks and has just told me all about the 9 in 1 pram system (car seat, high chair, moses basket, etc) she ordered a few weeks ago, I couldn't help but look and annoyingly it is now ??200 cheaper than she paid.

Our 12 week scan is on 5th (we had one at 8+3) and I KNOW I shouldn't be considering asking someone (i.e. parents) to get it for us and keep it at theirs until we know that everything is ok but it is ??200 cheaper and that is a good chunk towards a changing table or cot.

Talk some sense into me ladies, what would you do??

Thanks

Lolli

Replies

• i bought our pram when i was about 5 weeks pregnant for the same reason!! mad i know but glad i did!!

Mrs L 36 + 4
  • Is it the Mamas and Papas one?

If you are happy to get it now then go for it, but it's worth remembering that M&P often have good offers on their prams image
  • It is indeed a M&P one. I didn't realise that as to be honest I have avoided looking at anything like that until after the 12 week scan but I was being nosey at what she got (I don't see her very often as we live 200 miles apart)
  • I shouldnt either.........but which system is this - it sounds amazing!
  • Hi - as redcamels says M&P will probably have this offer on again - but...they should let you pay a deposit to secure the sale price(i think 25%) & then you can actually get the pram at a much later date - I ordered mine when i was 20 weeks( i think) to secure a great price and we only picked it up last week(32 weeks!) - then if you change your mind you can get a full refund!! so if you find a better pram, or for whatever reason you dont want it then you haven't missed out!
  • Thanks ladies

I have decided to leave it up to hubby to decide what to do and I have told him I don't want to know either way, for now at least!

GlitterBug its the M&P Ultima 9 in 1 travel system, MPX Chassis not the Cel Chassis.

It is very naughty to have looked but it was just me being nosey at first and completely innocent!

• I wanted to leave a deposit on a pram with M&P and they said that if I wanted it at the cheaper price, I would have to pay for it and accept delivery within the next 2 weeks otherwise they couldnt do it at that price.

I wasnt even 20 weeks then, I am now 35 weeks and annoyingly the pram never went back up in price and is still offered on the same package that I bought it on. I really wanted the pram so I wasnt bothered when I got it, it would just have been nice not to have been pressured into buying it by the staff in the store.
  • Hiya

I would do what Mrscole said and see if you can leave a deposit on it, or if its the one you definitely want then just go for it and either collect it when you're ready or ask your family to store it, i'm sure they wouldn't mind.

By the way I bought that pram whan I had my DS last year and I love love love it and my son loves being in it too! However, I'm pregnant with no2 & my DS will only be 16 months when this baby arrives so i'm back pram hunting for doubles - oh dear!!
  • Have you been and played with the Ultima?

I originally had my heart absolutely set on this one but I found it MAHUSIVE and really bulky. However, I loved the Mimi colour scheme.

If you love it and will still love it in six months then go for it x
  • Hi hun

I know you wont want to hear this but I would say wait until you can have a play with a few different prams. Also would you want the same pram if it was a girl / boy or are you not finding out the sex?

Also do you definately just have one bean in there??? Just a thought!!! image
  • I got my pram put aside when i was 12weeks and got it quite recently so i would say go for it as to get 200pounds off is such a good deal! Save all the pennies you can when you can. There is sooo much you need to get so i would go for every bargin when you can!

36+4 XX