Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Hypnobirthing (also in DIM

Hey ladies

also posted this in DIM.

This is something that i am seriously considering and i was just really looking for a bit of feedback from any of your who have done it/ are doing it. What sort of things are you doing in your classes? how much of an active role does your partner have? What sort of things do you have to tell your midwife regarding your birth plan etc?

I have started reading the book, and the philosophy of it all really appeals to me. I have a number of a lady who does it locally to me, but just wanted the benefit of others experiences before i contacted her.

Any feedback welcome!

xxx

Replies

• I did it and it was worth every penny and I would do it all again. I gave birth on just gas and air which I didnt take until they hooked me to a drip to speed things up at 5cm. Total labour time 5 hours and both me and baby very calm. I didn't use it for the pushing it all got a bit on top of me but no stitches and very awake and alert after and I am terrified of hospitals and needles!
  • I have posted about this and got some fantastic responses. Click on my other topics and take a look xx
  • G/C

I didn't do the classes, just used books and cds. My labour was very quick and dd2 was born only minutes after arriving at the hospital so I didn't feel I had a true hypnobirth, however the relaxing techniques really helped me feel calm and on top of the pain. Even if you decide not to do the classes I recommend practicing the relaxing exercises because they can only help you.