Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Ovarian large Dermoid - 8weeks 3 days

Hello,

My name is Yvonne, I am new to this forum today. I am 35 years old and pregnant with my first child. Before I was pregnant we had been trying on and off for 8 years, we had started to go for tests, when an ultrasound scan found a growth on my right ovary of 10cm, orginally thought to be an endometrioma. I had keyhole surgery in November, and the Gyno just drained the cyst, instead of taking it, it wasnt an endometrioma and he suspects its now a dermoid, the fluid from the cyst was proved benign, but I am worried the solid bit left behind wont be.

My Gyno said he was trying to conservce my fertility as it looked like a simple cyst that may have gone away. 6 weeks later an ultrasound scan shown it was still there looking like a dermoid at 7cm, mainly solid. I was due for open surgery on the 11th January, when I was so surprised to find I was 6 weeks pregnant just before my surgery, after years and years of trying. I couldnt believe the one month I didnt want to get pregnant because I so wanted this dermoid out, I got pregnant! I am tryng to be happy, but I am very worried, worried it maybe cancerous, whether its a dermoid or not, my Gyno has said he can do surgery at 16 weeks or I can wait until im due to girth birth and it can be removed then.

I just dont know what to do, I am scared of what it might be, that its effecting my life and how I am living.

Has anyone gone through this before? Has anyone had surgery at 16 weeks to remove a dermoid, when they suspected it to be a dermoid, was it a dermoid?

Kind Regards

Yvonne