Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

anyone got a Tutti Bambini Glider Chair?

just wondering if they are any good?

baby no 2 is due in 11 weeks and i am really going to try and give bf a go, i only fed my dd for 10 days due to various reasons one of them being i could never get comfy, especially during night feeds.

i have a bad back and was thinking of getting a glider

xx

Replies

• I'll be watching this with interest as I am also keen to get a chair and these seem the most reasonably priced.
  • Yeah me too, as I've looking at the Tutti Bambini nursery furniture and they are giving you a chair with the packages. Altho I'm struggling to get any feedback from anyone who has seen the range or bought it even tho all the major retailers seem to stock it online, so thinking it must be of a reasonable quality. x
  • Yes they seem to do it at mothercare which is reassuring.

I think we'll try to go to mothercare and see if they have any out on display.
  • Oh I've had a little seat on one that was on display in our local pram centre and it felt quite good, but I have no experience as this is my first time but my oh already has two and said go for one with pockets on the side which comes in very handy for storing wipes and stuff. It's just the furniture I can't seem to get on display anywhere in Scotland. x
  • john lewis have glider chairs on display and I sat down in it last saturday and literally did not want to get back up.

it was sooo comfy. I have been in a dilema about buying one, im worried its quite an expense for a chair as im not sure it will get used a lot..

im going to see how i get on with feeding first and then maybe buy one.

xx
  • I've got one.

I too wanted it for breastfeeding - but actually never used it to feed in, as the arm rests felt quite high and I couldn't get baby in a comfy position. Maybe that's because I'm quite short, but I couldn't find the optimum position for the baby.

To be honest, they're not great quality. After just a few uses you could hear and feel a knock each time it rocked forward (and from downstairs you could hear it bang each time it knocked). When hubby turned it upside-down to look at it, it turned out that the joints are really badly put together, so he got some extra wood glue and put the problem joint back together.

A week or so later, and another joint started to knock, so hubby attacked every joint with the wood glue - and since then the chair has been fine. Just yesterday though, the footstool has started to have the same knock - so I've asked Hubs to get the glue to it.

It's a real shame - it's a lovely seat, but if Tutti Bambini took a little extra care to put it together properly it would be a lot less stressful to sit in it - each time I rock in it I notice myself looking out for more faults.

They're not as comfy as the Duttailer ones either (the padding is rather slim) - but considering the price difference, you can't expect it to be.
  • I guess you get what you pay for.

I may have to look at a second hand one of the duttailer ones.