Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Peroid Pains Early Pregnancy

Hi, me and my wife have recently found out she is pregant, it's very early on she's only 9 days late for her period. Today she started getting peroid pains, wondered if this was normal?

Replies

• Perfectly normal - some people get them really adly some people don't get them at all, But I've had them on and off through my whole pregnancy and I'm now 25 weeks. It's one things noone tells you about - they're always worrying but perfectly normal

R x
  • Yep, no need to worry. I had pains before finding out - so much so I was surprised to find I was pregnant! They continued for a number of weeks.

Most books etc say only to worry if you have severe pain (the sort that doubles you over etc) or if it's only happening on one side. Cramps in general are so common so just try not to worry.

And well done you for checking for your wife!
  • Thanks so much for the quick replies, It puts my mind at ease to a certain extent to know that its quite normal. Being the worrier I am, I'm sure it'll keep me on edge for a while to come. I am greatly appreciative and will post back with any updates.