Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Is this normal?

I'm very early into my 2nd pregnancy and I don't want to eat, I don't feel hungry and have no appetite. When I was pregnant with dd I was sick for the first 5months so this is very confusing. Thanks xxxx

Replies

• I hate to see lots of people viewing and not replying to a post!

Personally I think that appetites change at different stages of pregnancies and how we feel about food also has a lot to do with it. I hope you are still eating though irrespective of how you feel because your baby has some basic needs and food is one of them. If you are worried please have a chat with your MW or GP.

Even when I've suffered badly from heartburn, resulting in me not wanting to eat, I have always made sure I have regular, well balanced meals so that I know the baby is getting all it needs, even if I feel crap. Probably not what you want to hear but it's my honest opinion xx
  • This is my first baby so no other experience but I was never sick but did go off my food in the first 14 weeks or so however my appetite did come back after that. Up until 25 weeks i hadn't put any weight on and even now ive not put that much on but i was by no means thin before i got pregnant!

Congratulations on your BFP!! xxx
  • I think the fluctuating hormones can make you lose your appetite but it's a vicious circle the longer you go without eating the less you feel like it. Try to snack on anything you think you might fancy - baby will take everything it needs but you'll might start to feel really bad if you don't eat hun.

COngratulations on your baby and i hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy

xxx
  • I was like this with my first not really sick but no appetite at all so much so that oh had me drinking slim fast just so I had something!ate normally after around 16 weeks. This time I'll eat anything!
  • I didnt eat m uch in the first trimester, didnt have morning sickness either - just lots of nauseous feelings and turned off by food in general. My appetite came back in the second trimester though xx