Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help...panicking and frightened..

Hi,

I have tried phoning my community midwife but there is no answer, and I dont want to go to A&E if im just being an idiot so I wondered if you could help me? Anyway, I am 18+2 and when I went to the toilet earlier I had a bit of consipation. (sorry TMI but im trying to be as detailed as possible. Anyway, I pushed as you do, cleaned up and went to get up when I felt a bit wet down there, I wiped with some tissue and there was what looked like big lump of snot (like you would get out of your nose) on the tissue. It was the same consistancy and colour of snot and now Im worried that I might have lost some of my muccus plug. Is this possible? Anyone else had this? I have been very snotty (in my nose) recently and hubby so is it normal or should I get checked out? Sorry for the gross post and thanks for reading x

Replies

• Hi hun

I'm 27+3 and have had this a few times. This is my 4th baby and I rememeber having it with my other 3 too.

I wouldn't worry too much but if you are get an emergancy gp appointment in the morning, they'll be able to listen in to the heartbeat for you.

xx
  • Thanks Pickles, I listened to the heart beat on my doppler and it was fine but I've never been pregnant before so im a bit of a wreck! My tummy was hurting earlier because my stupid maternity jeans were digging in so I was worried I'd hurt the baby. I might give the doctors a call in the morning and just check x
  • Certainly no harm to call the drs but I think I read before that if you lose your plug early it grows back xx
  • I hope you're okay this morning. I *think* some of your plug can come away at any time but just regenerates itself. Equally, it could just be a result of your general increased mucus. I'd still ask the doc or midwife if you are worried today x
  • hi glitterbug I'm currently 33+4 but had exactly what you describe at 26 weeks. Like you i had been constipated and when i finally went to loo there was mucus on paper and in toilet.i was in hospital at the time and mentioned it to the doctor who said it was normal for there to be mucus in poo after a period of constipation and it was coming from bowels not plug. If you're at all worried contact your doctor tho coz that's what they're there for!hope it's settled down for you.it's my first pregnancy too so know all too well about the panicking!xxx
  • Thanks everyone, rang the community midwife and she said it sounded fairly normal. She doesnt think it was my plug but I need to keep my eye on it and call back if their is any blood in my mucus. It seems to have settled, I just need to stop worrying about every little thing!! Thanks for your replies xxx
  • Glad your MW reassured you. I get a lot of this and it really does look like snot to me too but I had it last time too. I'm 17+2 and I've had it for a few weeks already and almost every day.