Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Heavy bump

Hi all

Does anyone find their bump weighs a tonne at night when trying to roll over? I'm 6 months pregnant and always suffered with back pain and have been searching the net for some kind of top that will support my bump when sleeping.

Does anyone know of something they can recommend please, something quite tight but not restrictive.

Thanks

Amy

Replies

• Oh yes! Me! Some nights I have to physically lift it and by the morning my hips are agony. I have to sleep with a cushion wedged underneath to fill the gap and also a cushion between my knees to support my hips. If I need to turn over, I have to wake up and carefully do it or it feels really odd! In the morning it feels like she had pinned me to the bed and is all snuggled up in one corner! haha. Weirdness. :lol:
  • mrs eh, how much longer have you left??

seems ages ago you got your bfp!!
  • Same here. Rolling over in bed is agony! I have a pregnancy pillow which helps. I can only lay on my left anyway as she wriggles about and goes mad when i am on my right as that is where she is image

Gem x

32+1
  • Thanks to sll for replying, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I did wonder if it was just me being a pansy. The pillow between my legs didn't work for me, it made my back ache even worse.

The pillow under the bump - is it a wedge you use or one of those sausage things?