Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Scared to have sex

Having suffered two previous mcs and we did have some bleeding when having sex, albeit not a lot but I am really worried about 'doing it'. I know it sounds weird but feel as if we do that it could go wrong again.

Have got my doc appt on friday so going to mention it to her and I know they say having sex isnt harmful but has anybody ever been advised to wait until the 12 week mark before having it again when you have suffered mc before?

x

sorry just wanted to add, poor hubby has gone from me jumping on him most of the month to be scared! :lol:

Replies

• Hi joyc, I had 3 mc's before this PG and we only had sex during the first PG, not any of the others, so I don't think the sex played a part in it at all and I wasn't advised not to by my doc even after the 3rd mc when I got PG again. Saying that dh and I didn't dtd until after 13w for this pg - I think it was even a little later than that. I think it's more what you're comfortable with, and like you, I was just worried about it so we didn't.

Good luck for this PG hun.

BoB 27+1 x
  • thanks BoB, I am trying to relax about it all but thinking too much about things, I guess the more time that passes the more relaxed I will get - not going to be a stress head!

xx

Joy

xx
  • HI hon,

OUr IVF clinic advised not to until after 12 weeks. They said there was no evidence but that if we wanted to be extra safe so we didn't. To be graphic, there are positions that create less risk though, and are a little more gentle.

HTH

R x

ps, KTLM, I was sick as a dog for 16 weeks and ours is a boy!!
  • hey Katie, I had a scan yesterday.

She said I looked as though I was measuring five weeks and couldnt really see a lot but we could vaguely see a heartbeat flicker so I go back in two weeks for another one!

Feel ok about it all and hoping next time round baba is not hiding! xx

oh and we have done the deed, just took it nice and easy imageops:
  • Hi Joy, pleased the scan went well, have been looking out for any news on you...

Hope all goes well in 2w.

Zxx
  • Hi Joyc

My poor husband has not been aloud to have "any" since I found out I was pregnant in Oct last year (my decision no one else's). I had a pretty horrific time last time I was pregnant in 2009 and our son died at 34 weeks. I had lots of complications with my womb and it had to be stitched back together like a jigsaw puzzle. I had very heavy bleeding this time round at 12 weeks and was hospitalized for 3 days, and have been on sofa rest for the last 14 weeks. My doc has since said it is perfectly safe to have sex, but I feel this is a personal choice to you as a mother and if you feel you don't want to or don't feel safe doing anything then thats how it should be, if it makes you feel stressed or worried then just don't do it. I am sure after 2 MC's your hubby will completely understand and do what ever makes you feel less stressed and ok.

X image